Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 2

I took a couple pictures....

Fish. in a bag. in a supermarket. I did NOT buy it...





Something else interesting about Moscow: people only invest in the area that they live or work- but NOT common areas. For example, the hallway and lobby in my building is putrid. Yet the apartments inside are beautiful. Another example, today we went to the leasing office of the apartment. I needed to use the restroom, so I went to the common area. This is what I found: No handle to flush. No top. No toilet seat. mmmm yum.




So. That car in the foreground? That car is parked. The car in front is actually on the sidewalk. Yep. If you find a spot, any spot, it's yours...





Next up, the theater that Once on this Island (like the white russian drink) is gonna play. Tonight we saw a student dance/opera performance. It's probably got a 100 seats. Someone told me that Stanislavski used to hung out here. Which is cool. If you don't know who he is, you should. He's real important.




And finally... My apartment. I should take a picture of the hallway, but then you'd all throw up. So let's stay inside. I think there's a reason I have literally two front doors... Anyway, I think these are pretty self explanatory. Kitchen (notice random horse head). Living room. Bathroom. Bedroom. All Ikea furniture. All just fine.



1 comment:

  1. The apartment and theatre look fantastic! But if the common areas are as terrible as you say then I don't think I could live without Lysol and Purell.

    ReplyDelete