Thursday, February 24, 2011

DAY 5

Interesting observations about Moscow:

No peanut butter. ANYWHERE. Victor tells me they hate the stuff. Who hates peanut butter? He gagged when I told him I put it on apples.

No BBQ sauce either. I WANT MY CONDIMENTS

There is no such thing as waiting in line. I actually noticed this at the Russian Consulate in NYC when I was waiting to process my visa. You shove your way to the front. Survival of the fittest. They drive the same way.

Speaking of driving. There are hardly any lanes drawn on the roads. I was on a 6 lane highway through the city and it was a free for all.

The coffee machine at the school actually has an option to add Baileys. No joke.

No garbage cans anywhere on the street. Yet not much litter.

The car ALWAYS has the right of way.

Every visitor to the country has to register with the government. You have three business days to do this. A police man can ask any person for their "papers" at any time.

You can drink beer anywhere. On the sidewalk. Park. Metro. Anywhere. Every street is Beale street.

You have to check your bags at the grocery store (and some other stores). They have little lockers with keys.

The Kremlin and St. Basils church really is THAT beautiful. Just incredible in person.

Now for the vlog...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin! So, I'm sitting in here in the PIT airport waiting to fly out to San Diego, watching your video for today. I'm so glad you're documenting your adventures. I'm trying to do the same, but I've been trying to write, but don't have the time lately. Video is the way to go. It's so nice to see your adorable face.
    Anyways, keep documenting the quirky (ie- mega annoying cultural differences. Who DOESN'T like PB?) Nice sorta seeing you. How long are you there? :)
    Alison Morris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun watching and listening to you, Kevin. Keep up the good work, Like, I really like it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No BBQ sauce?!

    (cue my Loesser-esque showstopper).

    I'm amused by traffic in different nations. When I was in the Philippines, I learned all crossing was done at your own risk. And turning signals are purely decorative sticks on steering columns.

    ReplyDelete