Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 3

Hello you crazy Americans!!!

I feel like my last post had all the negative things I've noticed. It's only natural to compare things here to what I know in NYC. There are so many great things as well. First of all, the beers are bigger. And you can buy them everywhere at any time. So that's nice. I also love that no one seems to care if you don't speak Russian. I feel like it's my duty to at least make an attempt to communicate in the native tongue. I know a couple words today and every encounter makes me more confident to use more words. My goal is to make sentences by next week. Nothing crazy... just "how much is this", "let's take it from the top" "a five six seven eight"- something like that. Anyway. It was a fun day. On the outside Russians seem very cold, but they are actually crazy fun. I can't imagine what they are like with vodka. I am definitely going to find out. I'll let you know.

One not so great thing. The food. I'm gonna lose 10 pounds just from the eating. I have yet to find anything decent. That's not fair. I have yet to find anything that I want to eat twice. Does that sound more positive? Think sustenance. Awful meat. Potatoes. I still can't find a decent salad. I couldn't even find peanut butter in the supermarket. So that has been interesting. I think if you want real good food you have to spend the $$$. I just might.

Here's the video....


3 comments:

  1. Like, you are really doing a great job with the video! Thanks for doing this. Love your insight and I won't even tell you the great meal daddy and I just finished. Can't find peanut butter?? That's just not right. Also, the answer is, what is "David and me". Just sayin'. Keep it going. Glad it's going so well with the students! Love ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. We adore watching this - what fun - way better than what is on TV here!

    Note from Grammar Aunt:
    Should be he took "David and me" -- you mention David first, not yourself -- this is the convention unless you are trying to make some kind of statement, stylistic or otherwise -- and the pronoun is "me" because you are the object of his action of "took."
    Love from your Borealis relatives

    ReplyDelete